Friday, February 22, 2013

The best time to start blogging

http://nosygamer.blogspot.ca/2013/02/the-silly-season-best-time-to-start.html

The time to start blogging is now, apparently. I'll admit I got a chuckle out of the post, even if I personally didn't start blogging because of the CSM elections. I had the bright idea to start blogging because I finally had something worth blogging about. I'm sure no one really wanted to read about someone sitting in an asteroid belt hitting F1 and F2 every three minutes. As a counter-point to my AFK mining, it's much more interesting to read about the exploits of the New Order at www.minerbumping.com as they try to save High-Security space.

I can't really argue against the points made. This is the first CSM election I've been around for, and there's an obvious increase in community activity for the campaign. I've managed to keep up to date on what's being written, but I'm still way behind on my podcast listening. I'd like to blame it on all the fleets I've been in, but it's more the fact that I'm simply overwhelmed by the volume that's being produced.

Do I have an opinion on who I would like to see on the CSM? Of course. I might publish it at some later date, but politics is not why I started blogging, and won't be my primary focus. I'm not terribly mad at anyone in particular despite my misfortunes, and I've no interest in any negative publicity while I'm just getting my blog off of the ground. Shoving my under-informed nose into the political arena would likely lead to calamity.

The only thing I would add to NosyGamer's post is that I don't really see there being a bad time to get involved in the community. If you've got something you think is worth sharing, do so. The worst thing that's going to happen is you'll get called names on the internet. Heck, I'm not even the newest member of the blog scene, that honour goes to Da Dom at http://mysticmonologue.blogspot.com.au/ so far as I've seen. I had the bright idea to start reading his blog on my second screen while keeping half an eye on the fleet I was in.

Whoops.

At least I was only two jumps behind the fleet by the time I caught on.

- Sam.

No comments:

Post a Comment